Everyone knows that Back to School can be a stressful time for both child and parent. Many parents struggle to find a balance and make going back to school into a positive experience.
Below are some tips to help with the transition
1. Find a Back to School Printable on Pinterest that your child can fill out on his/her first day of school. It’s a fun activity and is a great memento to scrapbook. It’s also fun to go back and compare your child’s interest and handwriting as they progress in age.
2. Breakfast – Here are some fun and different ways to spice up breakfast in the morning. Breakfast is the most important meal of the day so it’s vital that you set your child up for success with a nutritious meal.
3. Establish Sleep Schedule – Two weeks before they return to school, start shifting them back into an early routing in preparation for returning to school.
4. Allow them to pick dinner – SchoolFamily.com suggests giving a child a “red plate” and allowing them to pick dinner for the night. For families with more than one child, alternate between siblings allowing one to pick breakfast and one to pick dinner.
5. Use our Mathematics Memory game to sharpen up on your addition and subtraction skills before sending your little one off to school.
What tips do you find help your children adjust to returning back to school?