This month I had a chance to speak with Sarah, who works in the Public Relations Department at Kids Wish Network.
I asked her to answer some questions for me about what Kids Wish Network does and how The Learning Journey can help them accomplish that goal.
Here’s a little background on Kids Wish Network:
Kids Wish Network is a Florida-based charitable organization dedicated to infusing hope, creating happy memories, and improving the quality of life for children having experience life-altering situations. Our organization features key programs that all work to provide joy for children facing upsetting and often traumatic circumstances. While we are a wish-granting organization, we also know that there are children all across the country who deserve some hope and joy and have designed programs specifically for them.
- Can you describe what Kids Wish Network does?
Kids Wish Network also assists children and their families through the following key programs:
- Wish granting- KWN fulfills the wishes of children ages 3-18 who are suffering from life-threatening illnesses
- Hero of the Month- Hero wishes are awarded to those children who may not be suffering from a life-threatening illness, but who are overcome tragic and upsetting circumstances with bravery and courage
- Funeral Assistance Program- KWN helps families of our Wish Kids who have passed away by lifting the economic burden and ensuring a proper end-of-life ceremony
- How has The Learning Journey helped contribute to your goal?
The Learning Journey donates product to our Holiday of Hope programs that reach children suffering from illness, abuse, neglect or homelessness. These programs provide worthy children with the comfort of a new gift, and depend solely on donations and sponsors. All donated gifts are distributed directly to children in care of medical facilities, shelters and disadvantaged areas.
- How can someone get involved with your organization?
We’d love for everyone to become part of the Kids Wish Network difference. There are many ways to help a deserving child. You can donate to help grant a child’s wish, give to the Hero of the Month program, or make a contribution to our Guardian Angel fund, where 100% of your contribution goes directly to program services.
If your company manufactures or distributes toys, gifts, educational products, clothes, games, accessories, electronics, or other items geared towards children and teenagers, you can donate to our Holiday of Hope programs just like The Learning Journey.
You can also support Kids Wish Network on social media on Facebook, Twitter and Youtube. Raising awareness about the organization is a simple and free way to support our mission and bring joy to all the kids we help. For more information, please visit www.kidswishnetwork.org or contact us at (727) 937-3600.